Yes, I like to make my new year’s resolutions very early. In fact, one could say that I am in a perpetual state of making new year’s resolutions. Continuous goal-making is a blessing/curse we inherited from our mother. (Grace has the worst case of it, but then again, she’s the most accomplished of us all, so maybe there is something to this mania for making resolutions.)
Things I Want To Do in 2012
- Get a dog, which I don’t have to tell you. I already have. Like, a hundred times.
- Take a graduate-level English class at UVA.
- Take the GRE.
- Go hiking more often.
- Read 75 books (down from this year’s goal of 100, because I think I’ll be cutting down on my dog reading).
- Take a beginner’s ballet class.
- Try to take my writing more seriously; publish something, somewhere. (How’s that for ambiguity?)
- Improve calligraphy business; hone skills with flexible nib.
- Finish reading the remainder of Shakespeare’s plays (I think I have 19 more to go. Eek).
- Decide what I’m going to do with my life.
Do you have any goals for next year already? Am I the only one?