In 2012, I resolve to:
- Adopt, raise, and train a healthy and happy dog.
- Keep running, even though I hate it.
- Read 75 books. (Down from last year, because I need to be less competitive with myself about my reading goals. I read like a maniac this year.)
- Stop interrupting people when they are talking.
- Take the GRE. Start thinking more seriously about whether to go to grad school.
- Go hiking more often.
- Make books of all received letters; get them out of those musty shoeboxes.
- Dress better; stop schlepping around in frumpy clothes.
- Memorize scripture.
- Call my family more often.
- Read that book of Japanese short stories in Japanese.
- Take a graduate-level English class at UVA, if feasible.
- Improve my calligraphy skills with the flexible nib.
- Spend more time with women.
How about you? Figured out any of your new year’s resolutions yet?