Things I would spend an embarrassingly large amount of money on if I were rich:
- Fresh-cut flowers! In every room!
- My (hypothetical pack of) dogs.
- Expensive sight hound puppies, like Afghans and borzois, from top-notch breeders.
- Books. I would buy a million books. And put them in my house.
- Makeup. Secret: I actually really like makeup, even though I don’t wear much of it. I think I just like to play with it.
- Stationery. I would send everyone, even people I didn’t like that much, $6 letterpress birthday cards.
- Bunnies. I would get a lot of bunnies.
- Art. I would have a painting in every room, too.
- Dresses. I would buy all the dresses.
- Adorable little notebooks that I would probably never use but keep in my purse, “just in case.”
- Tickets to the ballet.
- Japanese pens. They make the best pens.
- Antique furniture.
Inordinate wealth is not in the cards for us, so Guion doesn’t really have to worry about this list. But daydreams are a great zero-cal snack.