Thoughts, on this first day of October:
- What a lovely, lovely wedding, Chris and Sallie. We are so happy for you two and delighted that you will remain in our lives in town. Don’t ever leave!
- I tried to be brave like Maddy, but I’m apparently not over my stink-bug phobia. I looked like a foolish, fretful 3-year-old while Maddy calmly and competently plucked stink bugs off my back and chair and plate all night long. She is a gem.
- These days, when I look at Pyrrha for a moment, these words well up in me: Thank you thank you thank you.
- Reading The Second Sex and Rebecca simultaneously is very jarring.
- Rose and Kemp are coming to visit this weekend! On the agenda: Hiking, apple picking, solving the American political system, and in Rose’s words, “intimate woman-time.” While the boys are presumably doing man stuff, like talking about beer and comparing muscles or whatever it is that boys do when they are alone…
- Speaking of intimate woman-time, on this day in 2008, this is where I was. Missing it (and them) now.
- I try to be calm when I look at the calendar. I fail.