How did I do on my 2013 goals?
Read 75 books. Check. Read 123. Read fewer books at a time; dare to re-read some things; concentrate on worthwhile tomes. I think so; I re-read several notable books and spent my time with hefty tomes. Accordingly, read Infinite Jest. Also, finish Proust. Goodbye, my love! It’s been a great six years. Take an adult ballet class, even if it kills me. I took two! I was terrible!
- Take a personal finance class. Nope.
Take the Claritas investment fundamentals exam and don’t fail. I think I will fail. I didn’t fail!
- Read the Bible every week. This didn’t reliably happen.
- Train Pyrrha to be more comfortable around small children. (Accordingly, here are Pyrrha’s 2013 goals.) This also didn’t happen. You can’t exactly walk up to a parent of a toddler and say, “Hey, my German shepherd is scared of kids. Can she interact with your baby?” We need to figure this one out. May consult our trainer for more advanced help.
Wear pants less often. Maybe? I didn’t really wear any pants all summer.
And now for this year. Here’s what I’d like to accomplish:
- Read 100 books.
- Read through the Bible in a year.
- Make exercise a regular part of my life. (Even if I can only walk for 30 minutes a day, do SOMETHING.)
- Get strong. Do some kind of strength training?
- Buy a bike and use it to run errands around town or to get to work.
- Eat meat only once a week. (Excluding fish.)
- Keep a tidy, peaceful home.
- Read at least three-fourths of each New Yorker issue I receive.
- Be a better businesswoman, regarding my calligraphy studio.
- Continue weeding colors out of and cultivating a minimalistic wardrobe.
What are your resolutions for the coming year?
4 thoughts on “2014 goals”
There is a dog training program called “Dogs and Storks” that you might find interesting. I’m not sure if there is a trainer near you, but you can check here: http://familypaws.com/presenter-locator/
^ We worked with a trainer that was certified by them when Dmitri was younger and she was great.
As for my goals for the year, I think my number one goal is to go to sleep earlier. haha. And to build my photography business, of course. But yeah, MUST GET MORE SLEEP.
Your # 3, 4, & 7 are also on my list.
Thanks for the tip! That’s great. MORE SLEEP is a top priority for you, I can only imagine!
[…] One of my goals this year is to read the whole thing again. To my delight, I’m enjoying myself. Specifically, I’m enjoying remembering all of the things I’d forgotten. There are, for instance, so many cryptic things that Jesus says, sayings that I’ve never heard a pastor try to explicate. Like this: […]