More lists, less post-like posts…
Things I’ve Been Enjoying Lately
- Improving my calligraphy website, by degrees. Next up: A new logo and some improved shoots of my portfolio and styles.
- Accordingly, buying lots of new calligraphy supplies, to take myself and my little practice more seriously. Paper & Ink Arts is the best.
- Cleaning out and organizing my studio; finding useful slips of pretty paper.
- Dr. Martin’s Iridescent Copperplate Gold ink. It’s magic. No other gold ink even compares.
- Reading! Always reading.
- Looking out every morning at my Japanese maple seedling, a gift from Kyle.
- Wearing pants, because the weather has been mild enough that they are comfortable again.
- Our weeknight regimen of “salon,” in which we cannot watch TV but must instead walk the dogs, sit and read, play guitar, and/or discuss ideas. (TV is permissible on the weekends now. On the current docket: “The Wire” (just finished season 3), “The Leftovers,” and “Peep Show.”)
- Monday nights with Maddy and Tara.
- Plotting what I’m going to plant in the front yard this fall. Front yard goal: Entirely landscaped; no grass to speak of.
- Eden’s new habit of leaning up against my chair while I read. She’s not begging for anything, just sitting with adorable closeness and cuddliness; it’s so unusual for her, and I love it.
Also: I’m really looking forward to seeing the family women this weekend. Grace is finally back in America!
What have you been enjoying lately?