To kick off my annual lists of the best things I read in the past year, here are the best 10 books of poems I read in 2015.
1. The Voyage of the Sable Venus, Robin Coste Lewis
2. Selected Poems, Rita Dove
3. Electric Light, Seamus Heaney
4. Life on Mars, Tracy K. Smith
5. Almanac, Austin Smith
6. Elephant Rocks, Kay Ryan
7. The Long Approach, Maxine Kumin
[Out of print; I seem to have the only copy in the world.]
8. House, Bridge, Fountain, Maxine Kumin
9. Of No Country I Know, David Ferry
10. What Goes On, Stephen Dunn
Up next: Top 10 nonfiction books I read in 2015. Any favorite books of poems you read this year?