This is all the poetry I read in 2016 (make a sad face), but all of it was good. In order of delight:
1. Autobiography of Red, Anne Carson
2. Black Zodiac, Charles Wright
3. The Father, Sharon Olds
4. The Collected Poems, Czeslaw Milosz
5. Head Off & Split, Nikky Finney
6. New Selected Poems, Philip Levine
7. Thrall, Natasha Trethewey
What poetry did you read and enjoy this past year?
Coming soon: Best nonfiction and fiction I read in 2016. Stay tuned.
One thought on “Best poetry I read in 2016”
[…] Best poetry I read in 2016 / Best nonfiction I read in […]