This is a companion list to my recent post, Things I Should Know. These are the few things that I do know and could plausibly teach someone.
This list is simple proof that the bulk of my knowledge is almost entirely useless.
I could teach someone…
- How to identify most AKC-recognized dog breeds.
- Hiragana and katakana.
- How to use apostrophes.
- How to train a dog seven or eight basic commands.
- How to fold a paper crane.
- Why you should always spay or neuter your pets.
- Fundamental Japanese verbs.
- The names of most flowers and ordinary songbirds.
- How to French braid.
- Basic HTML and CSS.
- About Virginia Woolf’s life and work.
- Rapid alphabetization.
- How to read and correctly interpret a dog’s body language.
- The commandments of maintaining naturally curly hair.
- How to incorporate lists into every part of your life.
As you proved with your earlier helpful and enlightening comments, you’re smart people. What basic things could you teach someone? Do share.