Thoughts to distract me from tinnitus, which I recently contracted and recently discovered may have to live with for the rest of my maddening, whooshing life:
- Nail polish! Nail polish is pretty!
- Christmas is almost here. I can go home and sloppily wrap some more presents.
- Reading W.H. Auden’s poetry is like turning on a different switch in one’s brain.
- In the scale of chronic health problems, this one is minor. Right.
- The Joy Luck Club.
- I can get a dog in five months.
- It didn’t snow last night and I am relieved.
- We’re going caroling and bar hopping tomorrow night!
- Did I mention Christmas?
- What style of writing + color of pen to use for our Christmas cards, which are coming soon.
- Can you blame everything on birth control?
- The relationship between your heartbeat and the ocean.
- Learning how to run for a long time.
- Running with a dog.
- Coming home to a dog.
… In the end, it all just disintegrates into dog thoughts.